Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Amazon's Mechanical Turk Review of My Art #63

This is a project where I pay workers on Amazon's Mechanical Turk to review my art and website and pay them $5 for 500 words. This is the 63rd review I've received.

After visiting Paul Shortt’s art website, I was very pleased with what I saw. There are many different things to look at and read. The first topic I want to discuss is Paul Shortt himself. If you go to the about Paul section, he gives detailed information about himself and a picture. What I like is that Paul looks like a very laid back guy. He runs a website that isn’t fancy at all, but calm and relaxing, which a lot of people will enjoy. He has done a lot with painting and is very dedicated about paintings on travels a lot. I noticed that he has shows in Seattle, where I live, so I will have to check that out. Now back to his work. He has done work that is relatable to everyday life. My favorite section is “The Car My Father Gave Me”. He gives me something to enjoy and videos to watch. I never had a great relationship with my father and seeing someone happy with their relationship with their father. There are plenty of videos about the car and pictures about cars. I think cars is a great thing fathers and sons can relate about and a great way to build on a relationship. Paul did a very good job at capturing that essence.

I also like the section “Nimby’s”. I enjoyed reading the signs in front of really nice backgrounds. Some of the backgrounds are simple, but the signs add something to it. The signs make it look like something special. I am sure that the signs have a special meaning. Another part of this website that I enjoyed viewing was the section the artwork people made that was of Paul. It seems like a lot of people enjoy him and are moved by his work. There was a small artwork that said “God Save Shortt!”. It doesn’t seem that Paul had any problem with his work, he seems really popular. There is A LOT of pieces done by other people. He really inspires a lot of people which I really did like. When someone comes along and inspires that many people, you know he did a great job. The artwork has many different styles, so that means a lot of different artists with different styles enjoy his artwork. Some of his early work is really funny also. Check out the early work section and laugh away. Overall, I enjoyed visiting Paul Shortt’s website for the first time. I checked out all of the 16 sections and enjoyed each one. His artwork ranges from humor to meanings. The reason why I think this website and Paul is successful is because a lot of people can visit the website and find something they like. Look at one section, don’t enjoy it? That’s okay go to another section and I am sure you will. Paul has a lot of artwork and videos everybody can view. There is plenty to go around and to enjoy! Great website and great artwork!

For more info on this project and to read all the reviews please check out my website: http://paulshortt.com/Pay-For-An-Audience-5-Star-Ratings