Friday, May 25, 2007

From the Fat of the Land







From the Fat of the Land: Alchemies, Ecologies, Attractions, April 7 - July 27

Grand Arts
1819 Grand Boulevard
Kansas City, MO 64108


This show is worth checking out. While the majority of the work's were in progress, it was still worth being exposed to. I found Micaela O'Herlihy's film the most enjoyable, with the film looping itself back and fourth on spin wheels around the room, the color and grainess of the film, and the music lifting me into another realm. It was nice to see a work in progress by Spurse, who I got the chance to hear speak last year, but it left me wanting more. Adam Zaretsky's pFarm video with is blending of S&M themes, and organic farming and biology was odd and sexual which I enjoy but a little too campy at times. The closing reception on July 27 should be interesting with some of the artist speaking and live experiments. Make sure to check it out.