Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mechanical Turk Art Review # 10

This is a project where I pay workers on Amazon's Mechanical Turk to review my art and website and pay them $5 dollars for 500 words. This is the 10th review I've received:



I love your work; I find it has both comical and serious aspects to it. I especially love the “modern greeting” manual; it is a fun and interactive art piece that illustrates the fact that the people of today do not make great efforts to meet new people, in fun and interesting ways but when we make that extra effort we makes friends we will never forget. I find the Nimby’s collection to be truly inspiring because the signs are placed in a manner to prove to people that big malls and building don’t need to go in every empty lot we find, sometimes thing’s just need to stay open, vacant, or abandoned. The interactive signs are the best, I would love to post things like this around my school campus I think a lot of people would have a lot of fun participating in a fun silly activities such as these. The signs, if anything would give people a laugh and spread smiles throughout the campus like wildfire and it would be a good conversation starter for everyone. 


Strap on ball sacks?? I think laughed for a solid 5 minutes just thinking about it and then another 10 scrolling through the photos! Truly a comical subject, I think a few people I k now need a pair of those! This gives new meaning to the phrase “grow a pair!” Although I think I would have made them not as long but twice as big, to make it even more comical, trying to watch your models try and walk with balls the size of softballs in-between their legs!! You have some great art although I am not such a fan of the car breakdown scene, I feel that it is too posed and doesn’t really illustrate anything other than you are flipping off the world, which I guess could just be the whole meaning of the piece, which hi n that case it’s good, but I feel like there isn’t enough emotion in the video clip and it just looked super posed to me, and fake. Now if you were to come to a screeching stop and maybe even overshoot the camera screen a little bit and fling your car door open and look like you are yelling at the top of your lungs (maybe spit a little) and then furiously throw yourself about whilst flipping the world off I think it would be a lot better piece. 


I love the huge no parking nice, I think they should all be installed everywhere there is a no parking sign because sometimes those things ar so small I miss them!!! And then I end up with a ticket when I come back out to my car, and then I am just so pissed cause the sign in literally 6inchs and hidden behind a bush. I hope my input is what you are looking for I find your art very unique, and pretty inspiring. Some pieces make me think about the situation you are trying to illustrate and others make me laugh.