Sunday, July 01, 2012

Mechanical Turk Review of My Art #20


This is a project where I pay workers on Amazon's Mechanical Turk to review my art and website and pay them $5 dollars for 500 words. This is the 20th review I've received:

I quite like the art on your website. I love how you convey photography as art. I really like the "Please NO Photos" photos. I think that the huge sign is creative and really abstract in a sense. It looks like the sign is edited on with a program such as Photoshop, but it isn't and that is what I really like about this "album". I also like the "Please Do Not Climb". You explain it beautifully and your photos are just amazing. You make good use of the lighting. I really enjoy your art. This is probably the best art I have seen in a long while. You have such a great quality camera. I enjoyed looking at the "Paul Shortt Shocks Chicago" page. All of the pictures on that page are amazing. I really admire the last two pictures. I love how it is focused on some handbuzzers while fuzzy on others. 

Your art is very fun and lively, as I observed in the "Calvinball - Paul Shortt" page. Everyone looks happy and that is a true art that you can only capture on camera. I really enjoyed looking at the "Missed Connections" page. I felt myself fill up with joy suddenly. I like these kind of things. It is sweet and sincere art. I liked the "How to Be Narcissistic" section on your art page. It is funny how you can capture art with art. I watched a bit of the video and it seemed fun. I thought that all of them were good artists. I liked the creative "Corner Piece". It was hilarious and it was pretty to look at. I almost "ROFL'd" when I looked at the "ROFL CON" page. I thought it was a creative page. I liked the concept of the rug and the photo is crystal clear and beautiful. The photographs make you kind of want to buy it in a sense. The people look so happy while laughing and rolling on the floor. 

On the "Pillory for Market Place" album, I liked the pictures you took. The pillory was quite creative and it is always a great idea to take pictures when you find something interesting. I think you captured the meaning for the pillory and, to me, it's just to have fun with it. I enjoyed reading your free poster. It seems really upbeat and impersonal, in a way. Nowadays, I think most of us can relate to that. You chose a nice variety of words and I respect you for that. I chuckled a bit when I saw the Certificates. I enjoyed looking at "Modern Greetings". I may use some of those in the near future! I enjoyed looking at your early works also. I liked the one where you took a sign and placed it in a weird place and had people demonstrate it. I thought that was funny and had a little chuckle. I liked "Nimby's". Some of the signs just made me laugh. I think that is a great thing. Art should make people feel something and your art was done exactly that. I liked all of the photos that I have seen today. Thank you for letting me view your modern art.